Since 1983, the community of Capdepera has owned Capdepera Castle, a symbol of the region's history, architecture and beauty. It was built by request of Majorca's King Jaume II and was documented in 1337.
Previously, the Miquel Nunis tower, which was used to watch the coast, existed in this spot. However, the king wanted to guarantee control over the uninhabited region, as well as maritime communications with Menorca, so he ordered the construction of a fortified village.
To make the settlers stay in the location chosen, they were given financial support and a small church was built at the highest point. It is of simple construction with simple, rustic elements. It is a triangular walled area with four towers.